Welcome to your child’s Pre-Primary year. This year focuses on experiential learning opportunities which result in important concepts for later development. Throughout the year the children also participate in a range of whole school activities. The progression from Kindergarten to Pre-Primary to Year One is a flowing process in which early learning habits are established.
Pre-Primary school hours
School commences 8.45 am. Please note that your child must not arrive at school before 8.30 am as there will be no supervision for them.
First instruction period 8.45 am – 10.50 am
Morning recess 10.50 am – 11.10 am
Second instruction period 11.10 am – 12.40 pm
Lunch 12.40 pm. - 1.10 pm
Third instruction period 1.10 pm. – 2.45 pm
Parents are welcome to enjoy an activity or puzzle with their child. Class begins promptly at 8.45 am.
Pre-Primary Enrolment Application
Download enrolment form for Pre-Primary 2020 from our forms and downloads page.
Bringing and picking up your child
Making sure your child is happy and safe is our priority. For this reason, parents or a responsible person are to bring their child to the centre each day and be available to collect them at the end of the day. If you wish your child to be collected by a person other than their guardian, please advise the front office and the teacher. Written permission is required if an older sibling is collecting your child.
Healthy food and drink
In the interest of your child’s dental and physical health, no lollies, sweet biscuits or chocolate are allowed in the centre. Children will have a healthy snack at fruit time – this is an important part of our social development teaching.
Acceptable foods to send with your child for fruit time are:
- Fruit – apples, oranges, bananas, pears, watermelon, etc
- Dried fruit
- Vegetables/Salads – carrot, celery, tomato, cucumber
- Hard boiled eggs, cold meats
- Cheese, savoury biscuits but not sweet biscuits.
A drink of water will follow fruit.
When packing their lunch please ensure food is prepared and packed in a manner that is easy for your child to access. We have a water fountain, but when packing their drink we strongly recommend water.
Please notify staff if your child has any food allergies or is not to eat, as we do cooking activities occasionally.
Ordering lunches at the canteen
Unfortunately we currently do not have a canteen.
Bags and equipment
Your child will need two bags:
- A reasonable sized bag or backpack, sufficient to fit a lunch box, drink container, morning snack, books, hat, spare clothes and schoolwork. This style of bag will help us to teach your child about keeping their belongings in one place and being responsible for their own property.
- A library bag is also needed in Term 2, to allow children to borrow books. This bag should be approximately 35cm x 35cm and needs a Velcro fastening or drawstring handle to stop books falling out.
Please write your child’s name on everything so that it is visible.
They will also need:
- A plastic cup
- A full set of spare clothing in their bag every day including underwear, shirt, shorts or trousers and a jacket or jumper in case of accidents and when children are involved in water play.
Parents are required to supply their children with personal items such as pens, pencils, rulers, rubbers, exercise books, etc. Lists of pupil requirements for each year level are issued to students in Term 4.
It is important that all personal items, including clothing, are clearly marked with the student’s name. In order to maintain tidy workbooks, parents are asked to cover all books.
Your child’s birthday
We love birthdays at Queens Park Primary School. We welcome you bringing in a cake or cupcakes and hope you will be able to stay on roster to be part of the celebration. Please ensure you speak to your child's teacher regarding any allergies that maybe present in their classroom.